Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Potato Candy

Potato candy, it was my best seller at the last vendors fair. I will admit I did not call it potato candy until they tasted it. 
What is potato candy? Potato candy taste like a white Reese cup. 
Mix 1/4  homemade mash potato with 6-8 cups powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Use enough powdered sugar to make a soft dough. 
Next roll out the dough ( like a cinnamon roll). Cover in peanut butter and roll up into a log. 
Put log or in my case logs in the fridge until ready to use. Slice and serve. Yummy, it literally melts in your mouth. 
Pamela

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My grandma used to make this, and now my mom does. I never knew it was called Potato Candy until a friend of mine ate some. We have always just called it Peanut Butter Candy! :) Just a note... if you are running low on time when you are making it, you can mix the peanut butter in in the bowl with everything else. It gives it a marbled look, but the taste is the same. My mom did this when she ran out of counter space one year....and we ate it all up just as fast! :)

Aduke Schulist said...

I always wondered what this was when you mentioned it before. Now I know.

Post a Comment

 
Content Troppetrie | Design Poppiness Designs